Monday, December 19

Let's Eat! -- One Week at a Time

    Today isn't the busy Monday I had thought it was going to be. I've only gotten about half of the cleaning done and no laundry. And now everything is at a stand-still. My little one fell asleep on the couch next to me while watching 'Rudolph' before her snack and regular naptime. I don't want to disturb her while she sleeps. She never falls asleep on the couch and is good about her naptimes. Being a mom, you recognize signs that something is wrong--this is one of them with my kids. So I'm just going to sit with her and keep watching 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'. :) 


    But since I do have some time on my hands, I wanted to do a different kind of post. Well, different for me anyway.


    Being on a budget, I need to make the most of what we have. One way I do this is to plan out meals for the 2 weeks between paychecks. And it helps to make sure we don't end up eating the same things over and over again. So let's take a look at this week! :)


Monday: Soup-Tomato
     I love making soup! It's one of those things that you can throw a variety of ingredients into the pot and still have it come out delicious and satisfying. Today I'll use either a can of tomato soup or tomato sauce, but I intend to add pureed sweet potatoes and pureed butternut squash. I think I have a little coconut milk leftover too that I could use.


Tuesday: Pasta with red sauce & kale
     I have ziti and bow-tie pasta in the pantry so I'm not sure which I'll go with. Though I do know I will do a red sauce and maybe use some of the ricotta that's in my fridge.  But the more exciting thing (not to mention new) is the kale. Since I've never made it before, I'4m using a recipe I found in Recipe.com magazine for Basic Sauteed Kale.


Wednesday: Breakfast--either M.Y.O. omelets or banana muffins


Thursday: Mac 'n' Cheese Bake


Friday: Pizza of course! 


Saturday: Bacon & Spinach quiche

1 comment:

Pin It

Foodie Blog Roll Ad