Thursday, March 1

Goals going strong

If you remember back to my last post (waaaaaaaaay back), I talked about losing weight as one of my goals for the new year. No, not resolutions--I tend to break those within days of making them. haha There are so many diets out there these days but a lot seem to have one thing in common--doing without certain foods.


     I know I could never stick to any regimens that cut out carbs. I simply love bread and pasta waaaaaaaaaaaay too much. :)


     Then there are ones that are strictly veggies and fruits. I love fresh produce as much as anybody, but tell me that's all I can eat and I won't even make it to breakfast--what could replace my filling oatmeal or quick'n'easy MultiGrain Cheerios?
     Or what about the ones that eliminates dairy products? Seriously? I've had a coffee yogurt a day since sometime back in middle school. (And now I've passed that on to my oldest. :) ) And I couldn't live without cheese, or creamer in my coffee, or any of that yummy stuff.
     Of course there is the newest detox thing. I looked that up out of curiosity--man, that is strict. I would have to make 2 separate grocery shopping trips: one for me on the diet, and one for my kids still eating normal food. That would get expensive fast.
     But let's say I do one of those, then how is my body going to react after the diet and I start eating the "forbidden" foods again? And then is the weight going to suddenly appear again? That seems kind of tricky.
     Don't get me wrong, I understand that any diet is going to be difficult and present its own set of obstacles but I needed a diet that would fit into my life (instead of fitting my life into a diet) and not cost me a fortune and that wouldn't disrupt my kids eating either. That lead me back to a program I have used before.
     A few years back, when my wedding date was in the near future, I decided I could do with losing a few pounds. So I signed up for Weight Watchers. And I did lose weight. But then I just got too busy after the wedding and simply forgot to keep up with it. The point, though, is that it worked. So now that I've decided to get down to what is considered a healthy weight for me, I'm going back to what I know works.


I joined Weight Watchers Online at the beginning of January this year and am proud to say that I am 25 pounds lighter! The challenge I have found is calculating point values at dinnertime. I've found it difficult to create meals that are tasty, similar to what we ate before, and still not blow our daily points allowance.


I'm going to pause here for a moment to draw attention to the 'we's in the last sentence. As a show of support, my husband is doing Weight Watchers with me. :) I can't tell you how much it helps having someone do it with me and also being concerned about the points and helping figure things out. It's been awesome--I really don't think I would have had as much success as I've had so far without his support. :)

So now you know what I have been up to for the most part since January. I'm going to try to start getting better with my blogging and will use the recipes I come up with for Weight Watchers as a place to start. :)

What have you all been up to? Any resolutions or goals still going strong?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

Foodie Blog Roll Ad