Wednesday, October 3

At least Wednesday is over...


Oh goodness, where do I start? Ever feel like you have a week where everything just starts coming at you from all sides and you are just waiting for it all to stop raining down on you? We may not have really bad, but it’s been rough. And guess what! It’s only Tuesday. Haha

Ya know how times are tight for everyone? Yea, things are tight for us too. So there’s always that in the back of my mind…especially since I’m the one that does the household budget. And my husband told me last week that he worries about his car making it to and from work. (He’s had this thing since before we met.) I know it’s old and literally falling apart, but I didn’t know he worried about the car’s ability – or inability rather – to get my hubby to work and back. So now we’ve got that to worry about, too.

We seemed to be busy all weekend. It seems like within the last few months, our weekends are no longer about relaxing and resting up from our weeks but seeing how much we can do while we are all home. So Sunday night rolls around and I’m starting to get ready for bed around 11…which for me these days is early a decent time. Then Abby started crying so Nate went to check out what was wrong and I followed. She was softly crying in her sleep and couldn’t really be consoled. While not pleasant, this isn’t unheard of but then she started scratching at her knee. Really scratching. When I reached out to caress her to comfort her a bit, I found that her knee felt really bumpy. And I’m not talking impressions from the blankets and pajamas bumpy. We brought her into the living room where it was brighter and found her little legs were red and covered with light bumps. And so were her arms. And patches on her belly.  I really could keep going with this story and tell about frantically calling my mom at midnight on a Sunday (she’s a nurse and the first person I call whenever anything happens) or my hour-long adventure at one o’clock in the morning on a Sunday night to find somewhere open 24 hours where I could buy children’s benedryl. (Yea, I know, shame on me for not having it on hand already.) Nate and I slept sitting on the couch that night with Abby stretched out between us so that we would know if anything more serious happened. (Both my mom and the pharmacist at the 24 hour Walgreens warned of the possibilities of her airways closing up and need to go to the ER in that event since we didn’t know what in the world was going on.) Our pediatrician holds walk-in appointments first thing in the mornings Monday through Friday so we were there by 8 o’clock Monday morning to get an appointment. The doc’s best guess was hives. So we’ve been keeping an eye on Little Abby and her itchy bumps that come and go. L They go away, then come back – just not as bad as initially.

Then Nate had to go to his already scheduled doctor appointment while I ran Kyleigh to school. We had scheduled a Parent/Teacher conference for Monday afternoon, but the teacher had to cancel. But Nate came home early anyways because Abby’s bumps had come back pretty bad. But we’ve been doing ok now that we are expecting it. (The doc said with hives this could go on for a couple weeks. This is my excited face. K )

And now it’s Tuesday. We were doing alright. More bumps, but we were expecting them so not as scary. Then it was dinnertime. And Kyleigh thought she found a pee spot in the girls’ hallway. I went to check it out. Nope. Not pee. No, it was something sooooooooooooo much more fun!! The air conditioner was leaking again and flooding their hallway! Let me show you my excited face! K You see I said ‘again’, right? Well our a/c has done that before. Followed by our hot water heater completely flooding our bedroom. Oh yes, flooded. As in move all yo’ stuff out the way!

Anyway, it’s Wednesday evening now and we think the air conditioner problem is fixed but they can’t call the carpet guys to come out until maybe Thursday – Friday at the latest. Our living room is upside down and we’ve got two loud industrial carpet drying fans running. But at least it’s looking like I’ll be asleep before midnight tonight! Haha Last night Nate’s parents were sweet enough to let us crash there. The girls and I didn’t get there until 10 o’clock and Nate followed about an hour later. Tonight we are back at our place since the water won’t be freely flowing into the apartment all night.

So as you can see, we have been a little crazy around here and I haven’t been able to post anything. And forget taking pictures of anything! I would say I’m looking forward to the weekend, but we have one regularly scheduled soccer game Saturday with a make-up game on Sunday (from a rain out last weekend) along with whatever else we have going on or want to get done.

Let’s just hope that nothing hits us in the next few days….my nerves won’t be able to stand it. J I will try and post about some stuff I’ve done with the girls and never got around to writing about. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

Foodie Blog Roll Ad