Saturday, October 23

Pumpkin Bread

Time for more pumpkin! My sister-in-law asked me today if I had a pumpkin bread recipe. I was only too happy to oblige. :) Even though this makes two large loaves for us, it does NOT last long at all! After I make it again, I'll post pictures. I hope y'all enjoy!



makes 2 large loaves or 3 regular sized

3 c. sugar
1 c. cooking oil
 4   eggs
3 1/3 c. flour
2 tsp  baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2/3 c. water
2 c. pureed pumpkin

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Using cooking spray, spray the bottom and sides of the loaf pans; set aside.
In an large mixing bowl, beat sugar and oil on medium speed. Add eggs and beat well; set aside.
In another large mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the dry mixture and water alternately to the sugar and egg mixture, beating on low until combined.
Add dry mixture.
Alternately with water.











   Beat in pumpkin.

   Spoon into pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 minutes; if you are making 2 large loaves, it will need to bake longer--until a knife comes out clean in the center.
Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove from pans.

Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. I have never made pumpkin bread...I love it, but haven't made it myself. This looks like a great recipe...

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Foodie Blog Roll Ad