Wednesday, April 4

Mondays are Bananas

Monday
     We got back from New York just yesterday, but already today was back to work and school. Which means I had lots of unpacking and laundry to do.

     We packed lots of snacks for the trip...and came back with still a lot. haha We had brought bananas with us but they, too, didn't get eaten and came home pretty brown and lookin' on the verge of needing to visit the trash. But that would just be wasteful. So I made banana muffins for dinner.

     I was able to get about 32 muffins out of this batch which makes each muffin 4 points+ (WeightWatchers). I like putting butter and strawberry jelly on my muffins, so that'll add to the points a little.


Tuesday
     On Tuesday, we invited the hubby's dad over for dinner. He wanted buffalo chicken of some sort. I went with a sauce I found on Pinterest (where else?). The post was on the blog Inspired Taste for wings. It didn't give you any measurements and I didn't want wings because skinless boneless chicken is easier on the WeightWatchers points -- so this is my version.

Really Good (Mild) Buffalo Sauce
  • 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1/4 - 1/3 cup Frank's buffalo sauce
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 - 2 Tbsp fat free sour cream
      In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter.
      Whisk in the buffalo sauce. Once the sauce has been fully whisked with the butter, mix in the garlic powder and salt. Whisk in the sour cream then remove from heat.
*This made approximately 1/2 cup of sauce which totals 12 points+. After I tossed the chicken in this, I divided it out from the number of servings of the sauce and chicken together.*

     And because chicken breasts were on sale, I bought 2.5 lbs of those at $1.99/lb. I cooked them in a covered pan on the stove in a little bit of olive oil.

     I also made a potato salad I found on Pinterest, from Skinny Taste's blog. I had to alter it a bit but I'll give you the original recipe since the changes I did were because I was in such a hurry I kind of mis-read the recipe a bit and ended up with a potato smash instead. haha

Baby Red Potato Salad
SkinnyTaste.com
  • 4 cups baby red potatoes, cut into small chunks
  • 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
  • 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
  • 3 scallions, diced
  • 1 tsp dijon mustard
  • 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp reduced fat mayo
  • salt and pepper to taste
      Boil potatoes in salted water about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
      Meanwhile, combine the green pepper, red onion, mustard, olive oil, red wine vinegar, mayo, salt and pepper in a large mixing or serving bowl. Mix well then set aside to let the flavors come together.
      Once the potatoes are done and cool, stir them into the bowl with the mixture. Add scallions and any additional salt and/or pepper to taste.
      Serve at room temperature or chill in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
*The recipe says it makes 6 servings at 3/4 cup each coming in at 3 points+ per serving.*
Just before adding the potatoes.

Then to top it all off, I cooked up some refrigerated biscuits which came in at 3 points+ each.

Recap: 
Buffalo Sauce (12 pts+) paired with Chicken (30 pts+ for 2.5 lbs) divided into 6 servings= 7pts+ per serving
Baby Red Potato Salad 3/4 cup= 3pts+
Refrigerated Biscuits 1 biscuit= 3pts+
One plate with 1 serving of each = 13 points+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

Foodie Blog Roll Ad