Tuesday, January 8

Cheers to the New Year!



      The start of a new year. Usually, at the start of each year, I am sad about having to start the whole year over again. See, I like the months from about September on and all the months prior are just spent getting to this point. It's odd, but this year I'm filled with excitement. Maybe this change of heart comes from being a mom. I know, I know. I've been a mom for 6 and a half years now. But I think this year is different because both girls are old enough to do more now than in past years, and they are truly enjoying it and Abby is now reaching the age where she remembers it. (The mind of kids younger than 3, or 4 even, have a hard time remembering things they've done in the past, like holidays and trips and such.) I feel so much hope and excitement about the first half of this year that I believe this is going to be a wonderful year!




      For instance, I took my girls camping with my dad and sister last year and it's still one of their favorite things to talk about. :) So we are planning to go camping again in the spring and my dad has a few places he wants to share with us. Also, this year, Kyleigh is entering her school's science fair and we are currently working on that, which is due in a couple weeks. Then there is Valentine's Day and I am looking forward to showering my girls with extra love. (Have I mentioned lately how crazy I am about my kids?? ;) ) Kyleigh and I have already turned our thoughts to my husband's birthday in the beginning of March. And Abby is beside herself with anticipation for Easter. Then I would like to take the kids (hopefully with my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece) to the zoo at some point before it gets too hot around here (which happens early). Then my niece turns two in May....oh yea, I skipped over Mother's day and my birthday. oops :) Anyway, I think you get the point about the exciting things already in our calendars for the year.



      For so many people, usually myself included, ringing in the new year means making new resolutions. On Facebook the other day, I noticed someone said something about not making resolutions so as to not set themselves up to fail. They did have a point since most resolutions fall by the wayside and are completely forgotten by the middle of the year. (Then, don't we start thinking of things we will do differently next year?) While they did have a point, I can't say  that I completely agree. If you want the resolution to come about bad enough, won't you make it so? Anyway, I'm about to go off on a tangent and will definitely not be able to find my way back. :p I'm my father's daughter that way. This year I don't want to make any resolutions. (This idea alone was enough to make me feel free. haha) Instead, I'm going to pick a few things off my bucket list and do them. No wavering, no excuses. This is for me personally. (While I am so very excited about the lots of family stuff on tap, as a mom, I tend to forget about doing stuff for me.) 


File:Skydiving over Cushing.jpg
Photo by Gary Dee found via Google.

So in 2013, I am going to: 
1) Go skydiving 
2) Ride in a hot air balloon 
3) Learn another language 


Photo by Jeff Wilson found via Google.

      I do have a good-sized bucket list, but I thought it best to start with picking 3 things and going from there. :) It should work out nicely because my sister-in-law is talking about going skydiving to celebrate her birthday (which happens to be in May a few days after mine) and asked if anyone wanted to do it with her. I do! :) And then for the hot air balloon, there is the hot air balloon festival that happens in October around here (no, we didn't make it last year) that we WILL be going to this year. They have hot air balloon rides! Lastly, for the language one, the hubby said he wanted to learn a romance language together so I got him books to learn Portuguese for Christmas. Either that or I will seriously commit to learning French so I can hold a conversation with my Canadian relatives in their own language. 

      So, here's to a new year full of new memories waiting to be made! ::lifts up coffee mug:: Cheers! :)


Wishing you all a wonderful 2013 full of blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

Foodie Blog Roll Ad