Okay, so here’s where things get a little “up in the air”. The original recipe calls for you to use two 9x13 pans but since I didn’t have those, I was ready to use a glass 9x13 dish (since I was going to go ahead and bake this up tonight for dinner) and a smaller tin pan; I think it is about 8x5. So I don’t recommend using two 9x13 pans…unless you have lots more rice and such. I probably could have put this all in the large glass dish, but I really wanted something to put in the freezer for later.
With dinner, I set out on the table chopped up lettuce, sour cream, and sliced black olives. I would have set out green olives if we had any. J And I’m gonna level with you – my kids didn’t go for this. At. All. Because, according to my oldest, it had tomatoes and beans and chicken. (Yeah, if you are going through the ingredients that is most of the dinner. Haha) But the hubby and I enjoyed it. It was good with the extra toppings too.
4 c. cooked rice
2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed OR
2 cans black beans, drained & rinsed
2 cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 tsp California Style Adobo seasoning OR
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 c. cook, shredded chicken
1 ½ c. shredded cheddar cheese
1) Cook rice according to package directions. Spray two disposable pans with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2) Heat a skillet over medium heat. In the skillet, combine the beans, tomatoes, chicken and seasoning. Heat to simmering and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
3) When the rice is finished cooking, spread the rice evenly between both pans.
4) Divide the tomato mixture evenly between both pans.
5) Sprinkle the cheese overtop of both pans.
6) Cover the pans with tin foil and label – “Thaw and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour”.
7) Pop ‘em in the freezer!