Wednesday, August 10

Surprise Package!

    Do you remember way back in the day when you used to get a letter in the mail? Not a bill ('cause those still come in the mailbox), not junk mail, but a hand-written letter for YOU waiting in your mailbox--the one ya have to walk to, and not the one sitting in your desktop. And how about when it arrives out of the blue? You aren't expecting anything and then BAM! An envelope that has your name written across the front is hidden amid, well, everything else! It's like you just got a warm hug. 


    Now while I didn't find a letter, a package did arrive today. Getting a package delivered evokes the same feeling as receiving a hand-written letter, don't you agree? Even when you know a package is on its way it's still fun when there's a knock on the door and a box with goodies is on the other side. It's like Christmas--sort of.


So I had an unexpected knock on my door this morning! 


Perhaps the hubby bought something online I forgot about?  No. 


Maybe he ordered M&M's for me again. (Oh yes, he's ordered special personalized M&M's for me before.)  Still no. 


Then I get it onto the kitchen table and tear it open.



There was food inside! Score! As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received Birds Eye Steamfresh Chef's Favorites! 




    Oh my goodness! Time for a happy dance! My girls even started dancing around the kitchen. They didn't really know why Mommy was excited, but when Mama's happy...everyone's happy. ;)


    Then I had a million things rush around my mind. Which one am I going to use? What am I going to prepare with it? Do I do the rustic, comfort, homey-goodness of the Roasted Red Potatoes & Green Beans? Perhaps I should go with something I've never had (seize the opportunity, as it were) with either the Mushroom & Green Bean Risotto or the Primavera Vegetable Risotto? Or I could meet in the middle with the Creamed Spinach--hey, don't you need creamed spinach in artichoke dip? So pair the spinach with artichokes somehow? OH THE POSSIBILITIES!!!! 


Check back to see what I decided on and how it turned out!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

Foodie Blog Roll Ad