Tuesday, December 14

25 Days of Christmas in Cookies

Day 14: Peanut Butter Cookie Bars with Nutella Glaze
      From the blog of Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker.






    Let me begin by saying that my father(-in-law) loves peanut butter. Anything peanut butter. So when I find a peanut butter recipe, I have to give it a try...and give some to him of course. This recipe combines what he loves, and what I love too. I mean, c'mon. Peanut butter and chocolate together!
  
    With my girls all nestled snug in their beds, or at least in their rooms resting their heads. With no sign of the hubby who is still at work, I pulled on some pajamas and in the kitchen I lurk. When an idea arose of cookies to bake, the promise of deliciousness to much to take.


    Okay, so I have charmed you with my humor. Yes it would be very impressive if I were to continue with the entire poem, but I'm having a hard time concentrating on it (because I'm watching some tv while I write this haha). So yes, I did do some baking in the pajamas after I put my girls to bed. A girl has GOT to be comfy.




     1 1/2 cup flour
     1/2 cup oatmeal
     1/2 tsp salt
     1/2 tsp baking soda
     1/2 heaping tsp baking powder
     1 cup packed light brown sugar
     1/3 cup granulated sugar
     1/2 cup butter, softened
     1/2 cup peanut butter
     3 eggs
     1 tsp vanilla


  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter/grease a 9 x 13-inch pan and set aside.



  In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, oatmeal, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.










  In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter. Once the butter is soft and fluffy, beat in the peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.






















  Beat well.














  Add the eggs and vanilla; mix well.















Add the dry ingredients.




Spread into a greased 9x13-inch pan.










Bake at 350 degrees F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until done; it will still be slightly soft in the middle. 




  And now, it is time to make the Nutella Glaze while the bar cookies cool.
     1/3 cup hazelnut spread (Nutella)
     5 Tbsp confectioners' sugar
     1/4 cup milk, to thin to desired consistency


  Mix the sugar and hazelnut spread until smooth. 
  Add the milk, slowly until it becomes more of a glaze than a frosting.
  Pour over cooled bars, either before or after being cut.




Don't forget your glass of milk!! Yumm!

1 comment:

  1. I am in nutella world today...everybody is making something from it! Lovely...I just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Foodie Blog Roll Ad