Saturday, December 4

25 Days of Christmas in Cookies

Day 4: SnickerDoodles


      This is the recipe I've been making since my husband and I have been together because he said that it was one of his brother's favorite cookies. See, the first Christmas I went around asking about people's favorite cookies. That's how that came about. Anyway, the cookie for today is the classic SnickerDoodle. (Pictures will come tomorrow...have I mentioned the technical difficulties?? ugh I could use a new laptop for Christmas. haha) 


    1/2 cup butter, room temperature
    1 cup granulated sugar, plus 2 Tbsp
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp cream of tartar
    1 egg
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1 tsp ground cinnamon


  In a medium mixing bowl, beat the butter on medium-high for about 30 seconds. Beat in the 1 cup of sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar until it is all combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined.
  Beat in as much of the flour as possible and stir in whatever remains. Cover and chill for one hour.








  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.  
  Combine the 2 tablespoons of sugar and the cinnamon. 
  Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar to coat. 




















Place the dough balls 2-inches apart on 
an ungreased cookie sheet.
I like to smoosh the dough balls 
down just a bit  to keep them from
rolling around.












  Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-11 minutes, or until the edges are golden.


  Let cool a minute or two to firm up, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
  Enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. :)) I am saying all the time but instead of the laptop I am saying new camera(Nikon D90):)))
    Cookies sound great, can't wait for the photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure. :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Foodie Blog Roll Ad