Wednesday, December 15

25 Days of Christmas in Cookies

Day 15: Cardamom Kissie Cups
      Adapted from the recipe found in The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cookbook




    When I decided to do the 25 Days of Christmas in Cookies, I had to search to fill in the gaps in my days. While I was doing my searching, I wanted to do some cookies that were different from what I usually do. Before this month, I had never used, let alone bought, any cardamom. I found recipes including cardamom and was excited to give them a try, but this recipe was all about the cardamom. So let's give it a try!
    While at the grocery store getting more flour and sugar, Kyleigh found some Milk Duds in the checkout line. I told her we could get them (to this agreement she was pretty astounded) if we baked them in cookies. We rolled all the Milk Duds up in the dough balls, but I'm afraid the baking time is too much for the caramel because it becomes crunchy and gets stuck in the teeth too easily. After I realized what was happening, we switched it up. The switch is where the name comes from and what is shown in the recipe and pictures. My favorite is the mint truffle kisses. The peanut butter cups are pretty good too. Of course, though, my husband loved all of them and will probably be taking them to work to finish them off. :)




      3 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
      2 cup butter, softened
      1 1/2 tsp almond extract
      1 tsp ground cardamom
      1/8 tsp salt
      1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar




  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.




  In a large mixing bowl, pour 
in all of the ingredients. Knead by 
hands to combine the ingredients. Knead until well blended.

















  Shape the dough into about a 1-inch ball, then flatten into a disk and place the kisses and peanut butter cups in the center. 





  Roll the dough around the kisses so that nothing shows except the top point of them. For the disks with the peanut butter cups, about a fourth of it will show above the formed dough. 
  Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 17 minutes.




The tip tops of the kisses will still show a bit.
The cookies with the upside down peanut butter cups.

 Yumm!! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

Foodie Blog Roll Ad