Tuesday, February 15

CrockPot Tuesdays: February 15th

    Growing up my favorite meal was my Mom's Shepherd's Pie. It is still my favorite comfort food and has become one of my step-dad's favorites, too. While I enjoy making it for myself, I don't get to make it too often (I'm the only one that eats it in my family). I thought maybe by making it a different way, I could entice my little ones to eat it. Without any further ado, 


Crock Pot Shepherd's Pie.


1 lb lean ground turkey
1 small onion
2 cans white cream corn
1 can yellow cream corn
5 potatoes, peeled & cubed
3-4 carrots, peeled & sliced
finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika








Here we've got one can of the white cream corn (I used 2) and one can of the regular yellow cream corn.


Into the Crock Pot goes the chopped up potatoes and carrots, the browned meat, sauteed onions with mined garlic, the chopped fresh parsley, as well as the other spices.
Then it is time to add in all three cans of cream corn. Set on low and let it go! Mine cooked for about 6 hours; you are looking for the potatoes and carrots to be tender. It is good served with a dollop of ketchup, too! :)


This is a comfort food that will not disappoint! Whether on a cold day, or even a warmer one, this is a surefire hit!



1 comment:

Pin It

Foodie Blog Roll Ad