Friday, February 11

Dessert of the Week-- Valentine's Cupcakes

    My daughter has not let me forget that Valentine's Day is coming up. She has been asking multiple times a day for a countdown. So in honor of the most anticipated holiday by my 4 year old, we are baking up a storm this weekend.
    The first priority is getting cupcakes done for Kyleigh's class on Monday. We are baking Kyleigh's Cupcakes. We bought fun Valentine's baking cups and Kyleigh is super excited about baking for her friends.
    


At another point this weekend, we will be using a Devil's Food Cake recipe and baking them in individual heart shaped baking cups. We will then pop the little cakes out and cut them in half. If we can ever decide on a filling, we will then complete the whoopie pies. :) Stay tuned!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    I almost forgot! Kyleigh and I painted our toe nails--Kyleigh did mine. Didn't she do a good job? :)

I also painted my fingernails, and look! They match my mixer!! haha That was a complete coincidence by the way.

Once they were baked and frosted, it was time for some quality testing. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. ;) As you can see, Abigail "tested" it thoroughly. :)

    While Abby was making sure everything turned out well, Kyleigh and I were decorating. I dipped just the tip of the heart marshmallows in a glass of water (to help them stick to the frosting better) then stuck them onto the cupcakes. Kyleigh used the red and pink colored sugars. 

    I think we did a pretty good job. :)





3 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes look so good! Love your matching painted toenails and fingernails with your daughter. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cupcakes look so cute! Love the heart marshmallows too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!And thanks so much for reading and commenting! It means a lot. Hope y'all had a good Valentine's Day as well!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Foodie Blog Roll Ad