Saturday, February 5

Saturday Part2

    On Saturday, I went ahead and did some prep work to lessen what I had to do on Sunday before we left. First thing I wanted to do was get the dough made for the pierogies since those needed some time in the fridge. Once I got that done, I I got to work on the filling. I decided to go traditional since this is my first time ever making these. :) 

    I just had to take a picture of these pretty onions. I was so proud of myself chopping them all nice and small...they just looked so pretty! :)


    Alright, let's pull ourselves away from this prettiness and pay attention to the potatoes. Once they were finished boiling, it was time to mash 'em up. They got mashed with the sauteed onions, 8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese, chopped fresh Italian parsley, salt, and pepper. 

Time to let the Potato, Onion and Cheese filling cool.


Let's move on to the Wisconsin dish.


I pulled the brats out of the fridge. I actually bought two packs of the Beer Brats and decided to just slice up both of them. I sliced them in half length-wise and then in half again lengthwise. From there I cut them into thirds. This way, they closely resemble the Lil' Smokies usually used in my Pigs in a Blanket.

    After cutting up the brats, I cut up the Wisconsin Aged Cheddar Cheese so it, too, would be ready for tomorrow. I shredded up some Hot Pepper cheese (cheese with jalapenos) with the intent of making a second batch of pierogi filling but ended up scratching that--ran out of time. :)
    Here is the lineup as it heads into the fridge.



Bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

Foodie Blog Roll Ad